There are many things to consider when starting your own business and it can sometimes feel a bit of a minefield, especially when there are so many places offering you information.
One of the most important things to bear in mind when thinking about running your own business is to pick advisors you feel comfortable in dealing with, as they will be an integral part of making sure your business gets off the ground successfully.
When starting any business you should consider the following:
Do you have a good business idea?
- Where is the market place for your business?
- Do you have the right qualifications to run your business or will you need to employ somebody in the short term to work with you until you are qualified yourself?
Have you researched your idea?
- Who are your competitors, what can you offer that will make you stand out from “the crowd”?
- How will you market your business?
- How long do you expect it will take for your business to be established?
- Is your business going to be a part-time business whilst you continue to work full-time or are you looking for your business to support your financially?
- Do you have any money you can invest into your business or will you need financial support from a bank or other funding source?
- How will you survive financially until your business is up and running and making enough money to pay you?
- How will the current economic conditions affect your business?
Finally, do you personally have what it takes to be successful at running your own business?
There is further advice on starting your own business within this section of our website, alternatively, you may benefit from an initial free consultation with our advisors.