Landlords – enforcing an Order for Possession at a County Court

If you have been granted an Order for Possession but the tenant is still in occupation and you want them out as soon as possible, what do you do?

Under Section 42 of the County Court Act 1984, it is possible to transfer an Order for Possession granted by the County Court to a High Court Writ of Possession for enforcement. The main benefit of using DCBL is the speed in which Enforcement Agents will be in attendance.

If you’re using the right firm of agents, then upon receipt of the sealed High Court Writ, they should be in attendance at the property within 24 hours, and they do not have to serve a further seven days’ notice prior to eviction which eliminates the chance of a disgruntled tenant further damaging your property before they are removed!

What does it cost; we’ve just received details from a firm offering a fixed price service of £750; not bad if they get the tenant out so you can re-let the property.

If you have any such concerns about your tenants, let us now and we’ll introduce you to Enforcement Agents.